Terms and Conditions of Use for The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker Portal
Effective Date: 08 March 2023
- These Terms and Conditions of Use set out the terms and conditions for use of The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal. By registering with this portal, and using our services, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
“Course Booking Terms and Conditions” means the separate Terms and Conditions for The Schools HR Co-operative Course Bookings that you agree to when making a course booking and attending one of our courses. Those Terms and Conditions can be changed at any time (in accordance with Clause 26 of those terms and conditions), and they can be accessed here.
“Governor Support Service” means the Governor Support Service Ltd – an independent and separate company that uses our portal for managing their course bookings. For the avoidance of doubt, The Schools HR Co-operative Limited has no contractual association or relationship with the Governor Support Service and therefore cannot be held liable or responsible for the services provided by them.
“Our”/“Us”/“We” means The Schools HR Co-operative Limited, including our SIMS for Schools service, and may be branded or referred to as “Schools HR” for marketing purposes. For the avoidance of doubt it excludes the independent and separate Governor Support Service.
“Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
“Portal” means The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.
“Special Categories of Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
“You” means the person, company, or organisation, browsing and/or using the schoolshrcooperative.co.uk/Courses/Index portal, and “your” should be interpreted accordingly.
- You are required to provide a valid email address when you register with The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.
- If you have booked a course offered by the Governor Support Service, then you may receive communication directly from them in addition to any automated messages that are sent by us via the portal.
- If you supply an incorrect email address, then you will not receive messages sent by The Schools HR Co-operative (which includes SIMS for Schools) in connection with your account or in relation to any courses you have booked.
- We do not guarantee reliability of email and if you are concerned about the status of your course booking please contact us:
- SIMS for Schools Course Bookings: 01895 717701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safer Recruitment and any other “Schools HR” Course Bookings: 01895 717499 (Option 5) or email@example.com
- Governor Support Service Course Bookings: 01895 717321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Passwords and Security
- Passwords should be kept in a secure environment and must not be shared. Any suspected breaches of security should be reported to us immediately.
- Your username and password may also provide you access to the secure section of our website depending on what services your organisation purchases from us. The use of the secure section of our website is governed by these General Terms and Conditions of Use.
- We offer the convenience of making online course bookings through our portal. You can be booked on a published course by one of two methods:
- Register an account through our Course Booker portal and book a course directly for yourself or your delegates through this registered account
- Be registered as a “Delegate” by a person at your organisation who has registered an account through our Course Booker portal (a “Course Booking Organiser”) and who books a course on your behalf.
- If you are unable to book a course online – using our portal – please contact us and we will endeavour to provide you with an alternative means for booking.
- Course bookings are dynamic and subject to available spaces and minimum numbers of delegates. When you, or your Course Booking Organiser, make a booking you may receive notification, by email, that this booking is “pending” while we assess the ability for this booking to be confirmed. You will receive notification, by email, when your booking is confirmed.
- For the avoidance of doubt your course booking is not confirmed until you have received, by email, notification that explicitly states that your course booking has been confirmed (or approved) and you have made full payment of the course fee (where applicable).
- All confirmed course bookings are subject to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions that will be available to you at the point of course booking and when your booking is confirmed. By booking a course through our portal you agree to be bound by the Course Booking Terms and Conditions. A copy of the Course Booking Terms and Conditions are available here.
- Courses offered on our portal may be delivered by an external third-party course provider that are not employees of The Schools HR Co-operative or the Governor Support Service. Where an external third-party course provider is used their name will be provided in the course information.
- Course booking information is retained on the portal for a minimum of 12 months after the course date, and will then be deleted after that date. This information is retained for this period to enable us to analyse course attendance statistics and assist with invoicing you for your attendance on a course (where applicable).
Data Protection and Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
- The Schools HR Co-operative processes personal data and special categories of personal data to support the administration of courses that are available to be booked on the portal.
- Personal data is data that relates to a living person who can be identified from the data ('data subject').
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and mobile telephone number.
- Special categories of personal data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature (for dietary requirements for course catering where applicable and where offered)
- Physical or mental health or condition (for access requirements to course venues where applicable).
- Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- The data you submit to The Schools HR Co-operative as part of your course booking may be downloaded and transferred to the course provider’s own system where a course provider is using their own system to deliver or manage the course.
- If you book a course on the portal, then the course provider will have access to your personal information for the purpose of delivering and/or administering the course, including communicating remote or virtual training information. Course providers may copy and hold some or all of this data locally in their own systems to facilitate their administration of the course.
- You should be aware that if your course is being delivered remotely or virtually your personal data, including but not limited to, name and email address may be visible to other course participants during the process of distributing remote/virtual training session invitations or holding the remote/virtual training session.
Use of Your Information
- By using the portal, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purposes of:
- Personalising your visits to the portal pages to improve the services provided to you;
- Informing you about the latest changes to The Schools HR Co-operative’s service;
- Contacting you about your upcoming course;
- Providing customer service and support;
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
- Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using an ‘Email this course to a friend’ or ‘Share this course’ functionality;
- Conducting market research; and/or
- Carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- The security of your personal information is taken very seriously and we have appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure as required by the law in England.
- The portal may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
- We will not sell or share your information for marketing purposes.
- We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Union, except for the following purposes:
- Email communications relating to your training & development course booking registration and notifications
- Analytics information relating to our portal’s traffic and usage
- Optimisation of our portal’s performance.
- Countries outside the EU may not have the same level and standard of data protection legislation that is applicable to countries within the EU. We will only transfer your personal information to non-EU based third-party service providers where:
- The third-party service provider is in a non-EU country that is recognised by the European Commission as a country that provides an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- The third-party service provider is based in the United States (US) and can confirm that personal data is adequately protected through the use of EU-approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information.
- We shall not be liable if, for any reason, the portal is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We may restrict access to all or some parts of the portal to users who have registered with us.
- We reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to all or some parts of the portal if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The Schools HR Co-operative, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, your access to the portal, and/or the services or any of your passwords or accounts within the services, and may remove and discard any content within the services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions of Use. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the rights described in this paragraph are not our only remedy and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
Intellectual Property and Permitted Use
- The Schools HR Co-operative is the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights in The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal and the material published there on.
- You may print and download extracts from the portal for personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
- No documents or related graphics are modified in any way;
- No graphics are used separately from accompanying text.
And you agree not to:
- Use The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal for commercial purposes without obtaining our prior written agreement; or
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any of the content on the portal except as permitted above.
Third-Party Content and Links
- We are not liable or responsible for any third-party content on the portal, this includes content published by the Governor Support Service in relation to the courses they may offer.
- Where the portal contains links to other websites and resources which are provided by third parties, these links and resources are provided for your information only and you access them at your own risk. We are not liable or responsible for the content of third party sites or resources.
- The material contained on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should carry out your own check in respect of any information on the portal and use your own judgement before doing or not doing anything on the basis of what you view. Unless expressly stated in writing by us, or required by law, we give no warranties of any kind in relation to the materials on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.
- We are not liable for:
- Any action you may take as a result of relying on any information/materials provided on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking such action; or
- Any dealings you have with third parties (e.g. other users or advertisers) that take place using, or facilitated by, The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal pages; or
- Any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) your use of The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal, or (ii) a breach by us of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- We are not responsible if you experience difficulty accessing The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal (“portal”) because of any event outside our control (e.g. the performance of your or our internet service provider, the performance of our cloud server provider, your web browser, or the internet.)
- The portal relies in part on software to work. While we monitor the portal, and attempt to fix bugs promptly, we do not guarantee that the portal will be error free, available all the time, and/or free from viruses.
Validity of the Terms and Conditions of Use
- If any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- The portal is governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and any claim brought by you arising from, or related to, use of The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
- If we change the Terms and Conditions of Use, we will post the revised version with an updated effective date. If we make significant changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.