Terms and Conditions for The Schools HR Co-operative Course Bookings
Effective Date: 08 March 2023
- These Course Booking Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions for The Schools HR Co-operative (which includes SIMS for Schools) course bookings made through The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal (https://schoolshrcooperative/Courses/Index).
- By booking a course through The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal, or any other method offered by The Schools HR Co-operative, you agree to be legally bound by these Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
“Course Fee” is the fee charged for attending the course, workshop, or programme. Please note that some bookings may not be subject to a separate course fee (e.g. for attendance on SIMS for Schools courses where the school has purchased the SIMS for Schools SLA and the school’s training allocation has not been used up).
“Course Requirements” may be detailed in the course details/course overview and course booking email. By booking a course you are deemed to have agreed that you can meet these course requirements. Course requirements could include (but are not limited to) access to ICT-related hardware, applications, and an internet connection; pre-course requirements; attendance requirements; and assessment requirements.
“Governor Support Service” means the Governor Support Service Ltd – an independent and separate company that uses our portal for managing their course bookings. For the avoidance of doubt, The Schools HR Co-operative Limited has no contractual association or relationship with the Governor Support Service and therefore cannot be held liable or responsible for the services provided by them.
“Our”/“Us”/“We” means The Schools HR Co-operative Limited, including our SIMS for Schools service, and may be branded or referred to as “Schools HR” for marketing purposes. For the avoidance of doubt it excludes the independent and separate Governor Support Service.
“Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
“Portal” means The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.
“Terms and Conditions of Use” means the separate Terms and Conditions of Use for The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker Portal that you agree to when registering with the portal and using our services. Those Terms and Conditions can be changed at any time (in accordance with Clause 44 of those terms and conditions), and they can be accessed here.
“Special Categories of Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
“You” means the person, company, or organisation, browsing and/or using the https://schoolshrcooperative/Courses/Index portal and “your” should be interpreted accordingly.
- Course bookings made through The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal will require personal data including (but not limited to):
- Full name of delegate
- Full school name
- School address (including postcode)
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- Email address
- By submitting a course booking request you are agreeing to any course requirements that will be detailed in the course description. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can meet all of the course requirements before you submit the course booking request. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the course requirements, you should contact the relevant course provider (refer to Clause 10 for contact details) prior to booking a course.
- In accordance with the Course Booker Terms and Conditions of Use, your course booking is not confirmed until you have received, by email, notification that explicitly states that your course booking has been confirmed and you have made full payment of the course fee (where applicable).
- Multiple bookings from one organisation may be permitted depending on the course, however there may be limits to the number of delegates from the same organisation attending a specific course.
- In the event that a delegate is unable to attend, then the confirmed booking may be able to be assigned to a new delegate. This can be requested free of charge, by the person who made the booking, by contacting us prior to the commencement of the course. Only one delegate substitution per booking is permitted – The Schools HR Co-operative reserve the right to charge the full course fee (where applicable) for second or subsequent substitution requests.
Course Booking Payment and Terms
- Once a course booking is confirmed, and if you are required to pay a course fee, you will be issued with an invoice for that course fee. Full payment will be required at least seven (7) days before the start date of the course (or immediately on receipt of the invoice if the course booking is confirmed less than seven days before the start date of the course). We reserve the right to cancel your confirmed booking, and reassign your place, if full payment is not made before the start date of the course.
- The invoice will include instructions for how payment is to be made and may include a reference number/purchase order number that you are required to include with your payment. Generally payment will be accepted by Bacs transfer only.
- If you wish to cancel your course booking, please contact us to request a cancellation:
- SIMS for Schools Course Bookings: 01895 717701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safer Recruitment and any other “Schools HR” Course Bookings: 01895 717499 (Option 5) or email@example.com
- Governor Support Service Course Bookings: 01895 717321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicable cancellation charge will apply based on when your cancellation request is received:
- Cancellation request 29 calendar days or more before the start date of the course – Full refund of course fee (where applicable)
- Cancellation request between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive) before the start date of the course – 50% refund of course fee (where applicable)
- Cancellation request between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive) before the start date of the course(“Late Cancellation”) – No refund will be given
- Failure to attend/No show – This will be treated as a late cancellation and no refund will be given.
- Failure to meet the course requirements, as detailed in the course description, will not entitle you to any course fee refund (whether partially or in full).
- From time to time the course provider may need to make alterations to a training course for reasons including, but not limited to: illness, adverse weather, or insufficient delegate numbers. The Schools HR Co-operative reserves the right, where practicable, to offer alternative course dates, or substitute the course trainer, or change the method of training delivery, to enable the course to go ahead. If the alternative dates are not suitable for confirmed delegates, then the course fee will be refunded in full where a course fee is applicable and has been paid.
- If a course needs to be cancelled, we will notify the person who has booked the course by email. All course fees paid (where applicable) will be refunded in full.
- The Schools HR Co-operative and/or the course provider reserves the right to remove any delegate as a result of disruptive or inappropriate behaviour or where the delegate cannot meet the course requirements – any decision to do this will be at the sole discretion of the course trainer. In such circumstances The Schools HR Co-operative will not offer any refund or alternative course date.
Data Protection and Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
- The Schools HR Co-operative processes personal data and special categories of personal data to support the administration of courses that are available to be booked on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.
- Personal data is data that relates to a living person who can be identified from the data ('data subject').
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and mobile telephone number.
- Special categories of personal data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature (for dietary requirements for course catering where offered and information is collected)
- Physical or mental health or condition (for access requirements to course venues).
- Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- The data you submit to The Schools HR Co-operative as part of your course booking may be downloaded and transferred to the course provider’s own system where a course provider is using their own system to deliver or manage the course. This can include your email address to invite you to the remote/virtual training session conducted through a third-party application.
- If you book a course on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal, then the course provider (including an external course provider who is not employed by The Schools HR Co-operative) will have access to your personal information for the purpose of delivering and/or administering the course. Course providers may copy and hold some or all of this data locally in their own systems to facilitate their administration of the course.
- You should be aware that if your course is being delivered remotely or virtually your personal data, including but not limited to, name and email address may be visible to other delegates during the process of distributing remote/virtual training session invitations and/or holding the remote/virtual training session.
- Further information about how we may use your personal data is detailed in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Validity of the Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- If any part or provision of these Course Booking Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Changes to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- If we change the Course Booking Terms and Conditions, we will post the revised version with an updated effective date. If we make significant changes to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on The Schools HR Co-operative Course Booker portal.